How YOU Have Helped Make an Impact in Haiti This Year
Dear Hope for Haiti Family:
During an unprecedented year of challenges, hardship, and uncertainty you lifted us up with your generosity, partnership, and advocacy for our work.
With your support, our organization was able to effectively help mitigate the social, economic, and health impacts of COVID-19 for families in Haiti, while finding ways to accomplish our programmatic goals to improve access to education, healthcare, clean water, and economic opportunity for Haitian children, parents, and grandparents.
This past year wasn’t just about hardship or trying to navigate difficult times. Perhaps more than anything, we learned, we adapted, and we were inspired by the generosity and encouragement of new and long-time supporters of our work. We joined together in solidarity for a cause bigger than ourselves, and we celebrated beautiful moments of significant achievement. Hygiene kits and health education provided to thousands of students so they could return to school safely. A mother accessing life-saving antibiotics for her child. Trees planted to help reforest and nourish communities. Water filtration systems delivered to families in remote and isolated areas. Grants and loans made to lift up micro-, small-, and medium-sized businesses. These are just a few of the accomplishments that you made possible by being part of the Hope for Haiti family.
As we take pause to reflect on the possibilities of the New Year, we want to thank you for being by our side and for stepping up to support our work.
With Gratitude and Hope,
Skyler Badenoch and the Hope for Haiti Team
Don’t forget: the CARES ACT has benefits which lift the cap on annual giving from 60 percent of adjusted gross income to 100 percent for those who itemize. Additionally, it allows anyone to deduct charitable gifts made up to $300!
Here’s how YOUR support made an impact in Haiti this year:
- 7,000 students and 500 teachers supported through our education program
- 155 computers deployed at partner schools in computer labs
- 7,200 seedlings grown in school gardens
- 12,000 medical consultations provided through our Infirmary St. Etienne and mobile clinics
- 500 public health lessons held to keep families healthy and safe during COVID-19
- 2,000,000 gallons of water filtered daily
- 9,400 water filtration systems distributed to families
- 295 loans and grants provided to entrepreneurs in Haiti
- $20M in medications and medical supplies distributed