What Can We Accomplish Together?
Dear Hope for Haiti Family,
THANK YOU for an inspiring and impactful 2018! As we celebrate Hope for Haiti’s 30th Anniversary of working in Haiti, it has never been more clear that COLLABORATION has been a key driver of our success in alleviating poverty in Haiti. Our entire organization thrives because of our lasting partnerships with rural communities, donors, local government agencies, and other organizations. We share a fundamental belief that we are able to accomplish much more through collaboration than we could ever accomplish by working alone.
I want to thank YOU, our loyal volunteers, donors, partners and friends for sharing our vision for Haiti:
Thriving communities; and
The resources to make it so.
In 2018, your trust and support helped Hope for Haiti make a positive impact in the lives of more than 500,000 children, parents, and grandparents living in southern Haiti through investments in education, healthcare, infrastructure, water, and economy.
Please take a few minutes to watch this video overview of the work you help make possible. Below are some highlights of the impact Hope for Haiti made with your support in 2018:
- In Education, 7,261 students attended Hope for Haiti supported schools every school day. By supporting teachers, parents, and students, wewere able to help enable a school environment that leads to better educational outcomes for students: increased learning, improved literacy, and a greater opportunity to advance in education past high school. To learn more about Hope for Haiti’s sustainable communities program model click HERE.
- In Healthcare, Hope for Haiti’s doctors and nurses provided care to 16,343 people at Hope for Haiti’s Infirmary St. Etienne and through our Mobile Clinic Program. To support these efforts and the work of our healthcare partners, Hope for Haiti acquired and distributed more than $10 million in medical supplies, medication, and medical equipment.
- In Infrastructure, a local team of construction workers made critical repairs to buildings, roads, schools, sanitation blocks, and homes in an ongoing effort to help southern Haiti rebuild following the devastation of Hurricane Matthew in 2016. To read how we helped one of the most remote mountain communities in Haiti rebuild their school, click HERE.
- In Water, out team helped families filter 1.7 million gallons of safe drinking water by supplying and training 2,766 families on the use of Sawyer Filtration Systems. We’ve found these systems easy to use, extremely effective, and cost efficient. To learn more about our Water Program, click HERE.
- In Economy, we made more than $300,000 in strategic loans and grants to support Haitian entrepreneurs and businesses. Our portfolio has grown to include investments that support social businesses that improve education, healthcare, the environment, women’s empowerment, and sustainable farming.
We are extremely proud that in 2018, Hope for Haiti was named one of the 10 Best Humanitarian Organizations by Charity Navigator, and we were awarded their highest rating of 4 Stars for a 9th year in a row. We also received GuideStar’s Platinum Seal of Transparency, recognizing our efforts as a highly effective steward of donor resources and programmatic outcomes.
If you’d like to make a tax-deductible gift before the end of the year, there’s still time! A gift of any amount is greatly appreciated and will make a big difference in helping us achieve our mission.
On behalf of all of our 60-plus Hope for Haiti team members and board of directors, Mesi Anpil! (Thank You!)